Check Elgg Version .php

@All - I have some PHP code syntax parser routines (built for some other pupose) which can be enhanced to scan a plugin's scripts to match against a given Elgg version for matching and can therefore determine which version the PlugIn will be supported in. I'll publish the modified code later when finished.

BustItElggVers.php - Just got done testing the first cut of the highest priority PHP language parser to detect Elgg version support for PlugIns.

Told it to scan Followers PlugIn for 1.8  start.php against 1.7.8 and he said 'noperz" - you're making 2 function calls that doan existing in 1.7.8, So "no go!"

If y'all interested I cud load this up to Server so can test other PlugIns for Elgg vers compat.

mm.. I ran Tom Rice's "everyone-friends.php"  on BustItEkggVers and it passed the v1.7.8 validation checking ! SO ? where is the incompatiblity ? I read thru the code inside - no version problems, but there was hardcoded db table reference "elggentity_relationships" rather than {$prefix}entity_relationships. I guess this means BustItEkggVers doing his job quite oki so far. Any takers ?

23 hours ago

http://atnew.net/ChkElggVers.php
Uploaded the Elgg version checker here.
Go ahead and check it out ;-) Watch for bugs or inconsistencies and report please. I coded this BETA in a real hurry;-oOxX

I wonder... how easily the logic of http://atnew.net/ChkElggVers.php can be adatpted to actually do a dynamic conversion of older PlugIns and upgrade to v1.8. ? After all - the basic lexical anaylsis and the syntax recongnizer already works abt 98% ;-oO How about that ? automatic PlugIn upgrades from older versions to v1.8 ! I likes that idea...;-o

iionly
3 June 2011 @ 7:31am

@Dhrup: is there a way to test the complete code of a plugin, i.e. the whole directory structure of a plugin with all files? I've tried it with the code of a single php file and it seems to run okay. But it reports all the functions defined in other files of the plugin as missing. So it's a but hard to see what is a blocker for 1.8 compatibility.

• lolzz & hehh ;-P i guess somewhere along the path, i lost the lack-of-connection vazco->michal->srokap ;) i'll pkg up everything in my DDS_CHECK_ELGG_VERS/ folder and maybe some little guide notes to kick off a quick-er understanding; [ this code vers *is outdated (in my head) - you'll see as you read thru code & mentally cross-reference <-> othe rneater builtins funcs & maybe reflection ].

&& RE: RegEx's I totally agree with how much can be achieved using straight regexs. did you know that some top computer scientists have actually suggested that a whole compiler could be written using *regex ? might be some h-u-g-e expressions involved.. but as we browse thru grammar meta & (e)bnf grammars & productions - everything starts to look like... 'regular expresions' yep !;)