Another error!!

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/zennu/public_html/engine/lib/metadata.php on line 121

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/zennu/public_html/engine/lib/metadata.php on line 121

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/zennu/public_html/engine/lib/sites.php on line 243

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/zennu/public_html/engine/lib/sites.php on line 243

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/zennu/public_html/engine/lib/elgglib.php on line 959

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone with an idea to solve it? Thank you in advance.

• I tried upgrading from 1.7.10 to 1.7.11. That showed an error. I did replace .htaccess file. I found it not working and then tried installing 1.7.10 again. That caused a problem.

• What exactly did you do to "fix all the errors"? Have you tried to fix it by adding the timezone setting to settings.php as described in http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/No_images#Different_timezone ? Maybe you made a mistake here, that results in the internal server error. As settings.php is not overwritten / re-created when upgrading (or in your case downgrading) but normally only configured in a fresh installation an error in settings.php would remain when changing versions. Compare your settings.php with settings.example.php. Only the lines defining the database credentials should be different. All other differences could be causing your problem.

• I had a backup copy of my site and I installed it. That copy was taken a month ago. Then I contacted the server admin and he says that he updated the mysql to 5.3 and that must be causing the error.

• I guess he meant updating PHP to version 5.3 not MySQL. This is causing the timezone error message you were asking about originally. To fix this error you would need to define your timezone either in the server-wide php.ini, in Elgg's .htaccess file or in Elgg's setting.php. This is described above.

I thought you tried any of these methods resulting in your site not working anymore. On the bottom of your site it says:

"Elgg couldn't connect to the database using the given credentials."

This means that the connection details in Elgg's settings.php are either wrong or are not recognised because you might have made a mistake in adding the timezone config to the settings.php file. Or maybe the settings.php file is not readable or missing altogether right now.

So, check settings.php for your database credentials. Then also try any of the described methods to set the timezone.

• Thanks. The site is working now..

• Hey, I'm getting another error right now!!!!../

Fatal error: Call to a member function getSubject() on a non-object in /home/zennu/public_html/views/default/river/relationship/friend/create.php on line 13

Right now, I just removed that river folder, and hence river dashboard is not working. Please help me so that I can get my site back working.

• @zenin - That's a different error than the one this topic was opened for. Please open another topic for different errors and use a descriptive title about the error. Thanks.