events not being associated with a group

We have a lot of groups on our Elgg and use the event calendar for lots of events. However, when I create an event from the main calendar and select the group to associate it with, it is not shown on the group calendar. It only works when the event is created from within the group. Is this a bug?

• There is no way to "select the group to associate it with". If you add a group to the site wide calendar, it is never associated with a group.

Perhaps you are referring to the access level? That is something else.

• I meant "if you add an event to the site wide calendar".

• Hi, sorry I wasn't very clear. I see now that I can either create events that are site wide, or just for a group. On the event creation page, there is a drop-down to choose who can see the event (I assumed this was to associate the event with the group). Thanks for your help!

My new issue is with RSS feeds from group events. When I select a feed from a group calendar, it feeds only the current selected month, not all future events for the group. Is it possible to change this, please?

• Hi,

I dont know where I could create group events.

I am using elgg 1.8.0.1

Can you please tell me where to click to create an event just for one group?

Thank you!