"Register" not working...

I did a fresh new installation of 1.8.1, and am trying to test the functionality of the site.   For some reason, a visitor can't register as a new member.   (Clicking on "Login" on upper right, then "Register", it only gives me the home page view without any registration details like the older versions did.)   Any insights would be appreciaated.

Thanks

Justin

• Can someone please share some insights..   The register page is blank (the same as the home page) - I followed the very procedure of installation and did it twice, but still, there's no register page showing up..  

Thanks

• In order to help -- need to know ? =>

• Elgg Vers
    • Bundled PlugIns installed
    • 3rd Party PlugIns installed
    • Server Type - Linux or other
    • Server Level - Shared, VPS, Dedicated 

• Version is 1.8.0.1.    Bundled PlugIns are the default 33 PlugIns included in the package downloaded from Elgg.org.   No 3rd Party PlugIns.   Linux server.   Dedicated box.

In fact, your questions above gave me some light, and I Deactivated all of the Plugins from the Administration page.  Guess what.. the registration page now worked!   I think it had something to do with one or some of the bundled plugins.    I'l test one by one and let you know which one was the reason.

• Weeelllll...;-)
    Strange.. but happy circumstances that the
    questions actually got your problem fixed ;-P 
    BTW: the bundled PlugIns Should not cause problems (not really usually;)
    I have been testing Egg.1.8.0.1 with only about 2% of issues so far..

• Thanks.   Did you activate "Search 1.8"?  Try that, clear browser cache, and see if you can register as a new member.

• Hmmm ;-X
    N/P here @ *localhost XAMPP with that scene.. ;- (
    Search.1.8 + Browser Cache Cleared;
    (2X) New Users register(s) OKI...
    If U R having this as a problem...
    I wonder what it might be ?
    Server/Config or Browser Cookie cache.. ? OR ?

• If you're getting a blank page, you should turn on PHP's display_errors option and see what the error is.

More info here: http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/White_page

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.