Post to twitter

Hi,

I'd like to have a checkbox under my wire posts where we could send our posts to twitter. Has anyone had any luck doing this with 1.8?

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

• Ok, with much thanks to Ismayil who has been helping me behind the scenes.

I have a 1.8.1 install. I couldn't get the wire to work right until I installed wire with hashtags, a very nice plugin based on version 1.7. The 1.8.1 thewire that came with the install does not show the post box on my install unless you click Mine or Friends. The default, All, does not have a post box. 

This is fixed with thewire 1.8.2 release. I found a post tweet to twitter function in the start.php of the twitte_api plugin. Ismayil said that it was the default behavior to post a tweet to twitter. I have one account that is linked to my twitter account, HairyLarryLand. When I logged out and logged in with twitter using the OAuth plugin then my wire posts from HairyLarryLand auto posted to twitter. So it does work.

I really do not like this as the default behavior. I would rather choose with a check box which wire posts get pushed to twitter. I also really like the hash tag feature and I just checked it and it works. So if you are logged in with Twitter establishing a linked account then your wire posts go to twitter with hash tags and the hash tags are links on Elgg and on Twitter.

Pretty cool. So I need to add a check box  which if unchecked will not push to twitter and I have what I'm looking for. 

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

• Hairy Larry,

Can you post the code that you have and it works?

Thanks.

• It does not push to twitter by default for me, i created this plugin as suggested by Ismayil but still nothing. I can login with twitter but when post to wire it does not post to twitter.

Anyone has a working solution for this?

What plugin is "wire with hashtags" that Hairy Larry is referring to?

Please help.

• Hairy Larry, Ismayil

Can you guys share how you made this work?

Thanks.

• 4 days of strumming my fingers is making them bleed!

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.