Fatal error

I have a interesting error - when I am saving something, what can do only admin I have this error:

Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.

SecurityException Object
(
[message:protected] => Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.
 [string:private] => exception 'SecurityException' with message 'Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/engine/lib/elgglib.php:148
Stack trace:
 #0 /home/xxxxx/public_html/mod/translation_editor/actions/translate_search.php(72): forward()
 #1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/engine/lib/actions.php(104): include('/home/tumbosyt/...')
 #2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/engine/handlers/action_handler.php(20): action(-1)
#3 {main}
[code:protected] => 0
 [file:protected] => /home/xxxxx/public_html/engine/lib/elgglib.php
[line:protected] => 148
[trace:private] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
 [file] => /home/xxxxx/public_html/mod/translation_editor/actions/translate_search.php
[line] => 72
[function] => forward
)

[1] => Array
(
 [file] => /home/xxxxx/public_html/engine/lib/actions.php
[line] => 104
[args] => Array
(
 [0] => /home/xxxxx/public_html/mod/translation_editor/actions/translate_search.php
)

[function] => include
)

[2] => Array
(
 [file] => /home/xxxxx/public_html/engine/handlers/action_handler.php
[line] => 20
[function] => action
[args] => Array
(
[0] => -1
)

)

)

)

I am not knowing very much about programming, but basics i know. 

• No, I wouldn't say "solved". You shouldn't need to enable debugging mode to be able to run the upgrade. I don't know exactly why it works when you enable the debug mode. Maybe it has something to do with site caching enabled or not. But when you get an error with debugging disabled it's a sign that something it wrong and you should solve the problem as you might get problems not only when running the upgrade but also at other times when the underlying error is not fixed. Btw. you shouldn't keep the debug mode enabled on a productive site anyway. The debug mode it meant for testing and for solving errors which you would rather do on a test installation and not on your real site. If you have the debug mode on not only you but also normal users might see error messages that you wouldn't normally want to see and your server log can also get much larger than intended.

As regarding your error: can you run upgrade with the original, unchanged language file restored? If yes, then you make something wrong when modifying / saving this file. If you get the same error with the original language file the error originates from something else. It still could be another language file and it still could be for the same reason, i.e. a BOM character included in any file.