elgg meets schema.org

Hello all,

i am currently changing the current elgg code to use the additional elements found on schema.org. For those who are not familiar with it, i quote:

This site provides a collection of schemas, i.e., html tags, that webmasters can use to markup their pages in ways recognized by major search providers. Search engines including Bing, Google, Yahoo! and Yandex rely on this markup to improve the display of search results, making it easier for people to find the right web pages.

I already read a few posts about SEO in elgg but as far as i understood these were particular requests for google OR yahoo OR ... with this markup, one could allow most of the bigger search engines to understand what is written in elgg, who is the author of this and so on.

In my case i started to implement the profile pages (easy) and proceeded to the author tag for the river elements. I am trying to not inject the code wildly somewhere but adepting the way it was originally created. So....

$subject_link = elgg_view('output/url', array(

'href' => $subject->getURL(),

'text' => $subject->name,

'class' => 'elgg-river-subject',

'is_trusted' => true,

));

is responsible for this .. but to change this, i think it should be changed in "output/url" which actually shows that i need to add another attribute to the "output/url".

Thinking about it, i wanted to show you the schema.org and hear your opinions if this is worth it to be embeded into the elgg core development.

What do you think?

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.