Image uploads failing above 800 px wide

Hi,

At first I thought it was a problem with the Tidypics plugin so I tried again using the Elgg file upload plugin but any image larger than 800 pixels wide fails to upload, TidyPics tells me there's too many pixels, I'm using the GD2 image library.

I'm using a dedicated server with loads of ram and my php.ini settings are:

max_execution_time = 600  
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 512M

I'm also running another software gallery on the server and I can upload and resize images 4948 px wide without any problems so it's definetley not the ini settings, but I can't figure out why the images won't upload via Elgg ...help :(

Using Elgg 1.7.15

• Odd, which version of Tidypics are you using?

On your php.ini settings check for file upload size limit and post it here.

Rodolfo Hernandez
    Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• Hi,

I'm using tidypics 1.7.3 and php ini - upload_max_filesize = 100M  

- I can upload and resize an 8 mb photo at 4948x3280px on the server with no probs, it's just when I try to do via Elgg that it fails.

Error log says:

"Tidypics warning: image memory size too large for resizing so rejecting"

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16000 bytes) in mysite/elg/mod/tidypics/lib/resize.php on line 143

• GD library has high memory requirements. Try ImageMagick instead of GD library in the Tidypics settings. If it's not already installed on your server, you need to to do that first though. Check if the "convert" command is available. If it is, ImageMagick is installed.

• You have the max upload size set to 100M but the max memory size is only 64M. Change the memory_limit setting in your .htaccess file to 128M or so.

• Hi, iionly, unfortunately imagemagick isn't installed on the server.

Brett, you're a star! It's working fine now! I've spent the whole day trawling round plesk and the server looking for anything that might affect it, everything except the htaccess file LOL