NC Homepage Edit Existing Plugin

an hour ago

50 members.. awesome.

http://www.tagzme.com needs a homepage! on entry members are greeted with.. the river.

no intro, no wellcome. just a mass page of updates. not so user friendly.

i have a plugin that i need help modifieing.

will a experienced devoloper help with fixing this faulty plugin?

please send me a private message.

one more thiing, there are NO funds avalible. this would be in the goodness of your heart.

• This group is solely for the professional projects i.e. paid projects in terms of money.

If you are asking for the kindness of hearts ($0 payment for "professional work"), take your thread under appropriate Group.

And when it comes to "kindness of heart" show something from your side. Using a $0 plugin from the elgg repository and depriving the dev from the acknolwedgment he deserves (no encrypted code or something) and asking for free assistance under professional group is not the kindest of behaviour.

• LOLZ ;-) He did - but I think he was told to post here ! ;-oO;X;P This reminds me of something that Ismayil Khayredinov used to say on SkypE.. in the good old days when he used to be not that busy & more readily available - something about people always wanting code stuff for free but never even having time to even to click the 'recommend' button -- or somethng like that or some kinda similar lines... (I'm deliberately *not quoting his exact words;) you know ? Those that believe that 'Experienced Developers' / Charities ;-) Mind you... Me ? I do in reality have a kindness in 'heart' - "lekin sirf apnaa pariwaal aur dost ke liye" lolz ! 

• hehe 

Yes, I told him to post that here, but the first thread was a bit different, and he never mentioned that he didn't have funds:

50 members.. awesome.

http://www.tagzme.comneeds a homepage! on entry members are greeted with.. the river.

no intro, no wellcome. just a mass page of updates. not so user friendly.

i have a plugin that i need help modifieing.

will a experienced devoloper help with fixing this faulty plugin?

please send me a private message.

http://community.elgg.org/pg/forum/topic/840749/help-needed-desiginging-a-homepage/

That's why I sent it here, it sounded like he was looking for a paid developer.

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• ;-) But; Rod ! ..? You have goodness of heart too ? right ?!?!!;) Él muy poco loco aqui ahora @$0 !?

• LOL, all the devs including me believe that, Dhrup. People always want their work done within a couple of hours, get their questions answered within 30 seconds and when it comes to pay for it, in one way or the other, in terms of money or the acknowledgement of the kind contribution of the open-source devs here, people just forget it and take their time and effort for granted.

Tagzme, for instance, asks for all the help for ZERO pay for the KINDNESS OF HEART when they intentionally removed the branding of ishouvik.com from the plugin he has been using for putting ads on the sidebar.

No, branding cannot be imposed since all the source codes are released under GPL. But since we are dealing with "kindness of heart", this action, this removal doesn't seem anyway kind enough to me, not to any of the devs here and definitely not to elgg.

• jeezz, man, give it up ! or else i'll snitch to master blaster coder Ismayil K abt you ! ;-) he'll twist your tail straight..

• where is the recommend button? ill make sure to click that! i do always try to post a nice comment on plugins.

also i posted this :D

http://community.elgg.org/pg/forum/topic/836041/all-coders-all-posters-all-elgg-users-must-read/

now im confused.. where is the appropriate Group?

perhaps i should make a group, and name it appropriate ;)

the removal of branding was a mistake, im acualy trying to build a slide bar button that lists all the authors who have helped me. now its just a red bar. i plan to reinstall . though for some reason that plugin does something weird to ad code. seems to strip it somehow? which remnds me. loved your blog entry about Ubuntu tablet.

• oh thats.. thats pretty funny!!

i did find it though, and clicked on plugins i use :)

Professional Services

Professional Services

Get / offer professional help on Elgg; like customization, design, development, setup, hosting... Illegal trades are not allowed.