Looking for a specific plugin

I am wondering if anyone could create or has heard of a plugin that allows someone to add custom html created pages to their elgg site, but without having to leave the site to see it. I have seen some html widgets for profiles, but I am wondering if there is a plugin that will allow me to customize a different page within elgg. I can add pages to the top toolbar that says files blogs pages etc.... I can also link these pages to websites outside of my elgg website. I am wondering if there is a plugin that allows some one to customize the body in an elgg page. 

The plugin could or should have a blank white box that is like notepad that is in between the top toolbar and the footer. It would basically be the body of the page, but it would leave all the elgg options still on the page. It could just be a blank page that you write html in, but after you submit the html than you can include a custom page within your elgg site by adding a link to it in the top toolbar that has files pages blogs etc..

Lets say I want to add a page with youtube tutorial videos and I want a simple 2 row 2 culumn table with two videos on top of each other and a description next to them. I could do this really easily if I could just type the html and css code in. I could put ads, chatrooms, anything I wanted directly into the elgg site.. all I would need is a blank area to write the code in. The key to this plugin is that it doesn't do anything to the profile, dashboard, setting, top toolbar. It just lets someone customize their pages.

I hope this makes sense. I'm having a hard time describing it, but I think this would make a great addtion to elgg.

• doan` think there's a plugin per se for this yet; but fair number of ppl have asked similarly for that exact 'code' before - if you haven't searched & found those posts yet. i tend to use a template which i call 'dds_index_custom' ;-) with that 'blank' block inside - to clone and do whatever content inside the block for new uses. and then just add the menu item simply using the std elgg menu hooks.

• You would need to make your own plugin for that. More info about plugin development:

http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Plugin_development

Also, there are plenty of plugins here at the elgg community that you can take a look at them and start from there. It will help you a lot.

Rodolfo Hernandez
    Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• Take a look at JED particularly under the database link in the top bar. All those pages are pure HTML pages embedded into the site. If that suits your need I'll let you have a copy of the relevent plugin/mod

• Take a look at my hypeStyler (www.hypejunction.com). It does something very similar.

• This sort of plugin is already available here in the community. But it is for older version of Elgg. If you take a look at the codes, you can easily migrate it to 1.8 version.

Or you can have a look at the custom _index plugin, invite friends plugin etc.. these plugins will allow you to easily create new plugins as per your needs.

• Hi

I don't know if this is the correct group and I apologise if it is not.

I am on the verge of buying juvjin john's social commerce plugin but I have two issues.

one the branding and two version compatibility.  I will pay somebody the $250 he is asking if they could update his plugin for me and add physical products to it.  Or do that to iZap's elggcommerce plugin providing this doesn't breach any licensing terms ofcourse.

thanks in advance

Paul

• Paul,

I don't mean to offend John and the work he has done, but I really think that plugin is overpriced for what it offers. I had to work with it in the past, and I would not recommend anyone to use it. Mike from Vazco has also told me they've managed to breach the plugin and download files without paying.

• @IK

Ohhhhh    thanks for the heads up.  I don't think I won't be using that plugin now and I really appreciate the warning.

This price to me did seem a little hight condidering the fact they have their branding slapped all over it too,  but what can you do when you're not a developer?

I'm in contact with somebody now about this.

kind regards

paul

• LOLZ ;-) Remember Cubet's eCommerce PlugIn and that code cwapz nobody wanna touch ?? Neither was brave enuff to tackle ? ;-P I Wud Mean to Offend LGJ b/c due to past personal history..! LGJ once let me down very sadly on out-sourced project to them while my $Client was waiting.. waiting...

• "I don't think I won't be using that plugin now and I really appreciate the warning"

I mean I won't be.... lol