Hi, Everybody! :)

I have a problem with Elgg, trying to register from another browser and email on the elgg site which I'm developing now and after registration completed it says that I'll get confirm email soon, email is never arrived! :(

I can see my registration in the Users - Not confirmed section

I digg community, google and trac to found out why this could happens, but nothing answered my question. First thing that I found that this could be a problem with the server, but I have some wordpress blogs on the same server and there're no problems of getting emails from wordpress after you install it or when you get a comment, so I guess that its ok with the server. Ive tried to change emails from which confirmation email should be sent, nothing happend. I tried to find a part in the scripts with the mail() function, as I think that elgg probably uses this php function to send mails, but even can't find it.

I'm really sorry if this problem has been already discussed somewhere, I found lots of topics about it, but nothing helps, spent about 3 days already on this problem, maybe somebody can help me with any idea?

thanks in advance!!!

• thanks for the answer! :)

Saw these links already and checking of spam folders wasmy first action after I didn't get confirmation email, that is strange that wordpress send emails without problems, probably I have to contact my server admin with the description of problem, but not sure if this will help.

Thank you anyway for your response! :)

• Is it only the activation email that fails to arrive? What about notifications about new private messages or other notification emails? Do they arrive or not? You might need to change the notification settings of the Elgg account first to get email notification sent. If these emails also don't arrive while wordpress works, something might be broken with your Elgg installation. You mentioned you use phpmailer in another thread. Maybe this is causing the problem.

If only the activation emails don't arrive while other notification emails do, I would guess it's a spam filter problem somewhere.

• After contact with the admin of my server, they found that sendmail server doesn't start at all, after some fixes I start getting emails from the elgg, I just can't imagine how I can get emails from wordpress before, thats why I thought that this is problem isn't in the server side.

I'm really confused, sorry for this topic guys!!! :)

If this is possible maybe somebody from admins will delete this, as it looks like that my topic duplicates the same problem which I found before in lots of other topics here.

I'm really sorry and thank you for your patience and answers!

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.