Missing Images

Hi All,
I have opened my site today and all the profile, groups and videos (i think all generated images) are not showing i see the default icon for the profile and a broken image for the videos.
Any ideas?
Thanks I’m very desperate

• The error is stating that it can't find the start.php of the plugin.  First make sure the start.php exists, and is in the right place.  Then check the file permissions - if apache can't read it then it can't be included.

• Hi Matt : The permissions for all mod folder is 755, and the start.php do exist for all mods with the same permissions.

Update: I reinstall ellg again and all my old photo albums are back again.

But when I tried to upload a new file  (mod file) or photo (tidypics) the same again: no thumbnails, just error.

I check on the data folder, they are written there, but in the "2010", instead of 2012 folder and with permission 644 while all data folder was set to 777.

On the data folder I can see the thumbs and photos, through the code not.

It is strange that all old photos are back again but the new, no.

And the messages I have for "start.php" still there when I entrer admin page.

Strange..

• Hmm, initially when I read that I thought that maybe your server time had changed.  But if that were the case I'd expect that the old images would be broken but new ones would work - you're saying it's the opposite right?  The default permissions for files in the dataroot is 644, people always jump to setting everything to 777 when things aren't working because it's easy to do but it's not necessarily right.

What plugin is causing your "not initiated" error?  Have you tried disabling that plugin?

• " 0 (guid : 125) cannot be initiated: Reason: It was not possible to include start.php for the plugin XXX (guid:125) at /mnt/glusterfs/apache/hosting-dir/.../user_dir/.../home/mod/XXX. Check permissions!"

-> this is ambiguous.. you left out the most important part ! what is the XXX ? and - is this message in a light blue box for the admin only ? if so - did you click on the small "X" there ?? try and click - and then see what happens later..

• Hello all,

Just installed and avatar images will not load. Any suggestions.

• Matt :

Permissions on data folder: the correct is 644 not 777?

I disable all plugins, even core ones, activated one by one, but the same situation over and over.

DhrupDeScoop:

The message was truncated cause there are 5 messages equal to it regarding to

tidypics

file

google translate

and others

but all these mods has start.php file on its folders

No I did not have clicked on the X on these messages.I will try it.

Oh there´s a problem with facecbook theme too. There are message regarding to security.. But I disable the mod and the behaviour is the same.

I don't think these messages have something related to the thumbnails generation and link to the data folder...

The error message on the facebook theme:

Fatal Error.

Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.

SecurityException Object
    (
    [message:protected] => Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.
    [string:Exception:private] => exception 'SecurityException' with message 'Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.' in ...\elgg2\engine\lib\elgglib.php:151
    Stack trace:
    #0 ..\elgg2\mod\facebook_theme\start.php(382): forward('dashboard')
    #1 [internal function]: facebook_theme_index_handler('index', 'system', true, NULL)
    #2 C..\elgg2\engine\lib\elgglib.php(974): call_user_func_array('facebook_theme_...', Array)
    #3 ..\elgg2\index.php(17): elgg_trigger_plugin_hook('index', 'system', NULL, false)
    #4 {main}
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => ...\elgg2\engine\lib\elgglib.php
    [line:protected] => 151
    [trace:Exception:private] => Array
    (
    [0] => Array
    (
    [file] =>...\elgg2\mod\facebook_theme\start.php
    [line] => 382
    [function] => forward
    [args] => Array
    (
    [0] => dashboard
    )

)

[1] => Array
    (
    [function] => facebook_theme_index_handler
    [args] => Array
    (
    [0] => index
    [1] => system
    [2] => 1
    [3] =>
    )

)

[2] => Array
    (
    [file] =>...\elgg2\engine\lib\elgglib.php
    [line] => 974
    [function] => call_user_func_array
    [args] => Array
    (
    [0] => facebook_theme_index_handler
    [1] => Array
    (
    [0] => index
    [1] => system
    [2] => 1
    [3] =>
    )

)

)

[3] => Array
    (
    [file] => ...\elgg2\index.php
    [line] => 17
    [function] => elgg_trigger_plugin_hook
    [args] => Array
    (
    [0] => index
    [1] => system
    [2] =>
    [3] =>
    )

)

)

[previous:Exception:private] =>
    )

• After  third reinstall of elgg, solved.

One of the mods have a bug, don know what is, maybe likely to some correction of "depreceted" messages.

Another fresh install, activated transaltion to portuguese; copied tidypics from older folder...

It worked.