New to ELGG

Hi, I install ELGG 1.8.3 on my CentOS 6.2.

Everything is working fine but I am not able to get email notifications. Please help.

Thanks,

Rapid

• EMail Notifications not going out -- Could be caused by many issues ;)

For CentOS/Plesk - make sure that the Elgg defined Admin EMail address has been declared inside the Plesk EMail management areas - Check with your TechSupport for details on this.

Search for the other EMail Issues Topics here @Elgg - and I thik that there is also some Wiki Docs (http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Main_Page) for that...

• I am using CentOS 6.1 without Plesk. And my server is using Postfix as SMTP. I can send email from localhost to any email. Does it relate to php.ini? or any file setting in engine/mod/notifications?

• 1) if not plesk - then what control panel ?
    2) didya ask yr tech supp ?
    3) usually hosting tech supp are kinda good for techie quesnx
    4) 'postfix' for server does not matter - pretty std stuff
    5) php.ini - shud not play part - unless u r @ dedicated server - then *maybe needs checking
    6) engine/mod/notificnx - code in there does not relate to email issues
    7) didya find that wikiartciel on elgg emails ?

• i have no technician. I am set up server on my own.

i got this error message on apache

PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Bangkok' for 'ICT/7.0/no DST' instead in /var/www/html/community/engine/handlers/cache_handler.php on line 83, referer: http://community.puthisastra.edu.kh/

• On /var/log/mail

Apr  6 17:31:51 srv postfix/sendmail[24613]: fatal: chdir /var/spool/postfix: Permission denied

• you did not answer / address any of the five points the questions above ;-) --> how can we help in more details... ?

- 'timezone issue' - just google for the php-oriented solutions, there's plenty many answers available there already, esp in the php reference itself.
    - linux user who / that is executing the postfix process does not have permission for.. /var/spool/postfix ! ;-P gotta allow that..

• Sorry i didnt answer to your questions. please see my reply

1) if not plesk - then what control panel ?

I dont have any control panel installed. my server is installed with CentOS from Scratch
    2) didya ask yr tech supp ?

I am the one who manage the server.
    3) usually hosting tech supp are kinda good for techie quesnx. I am the one who manage the server.
    4) 'postfix' for server does not matter - pretty std stuff. Yes
    5) php.ini - shud not play part - unless u r @ dedicated server - then *maybe needs checking

I managed to modify php.ini according to different timezone.
    6) engine/mod/notificnx - code in there does not relate to email issues

I dont know about this issue
    7) didya find that wikiartciel on elgg emails ?

I spent alot of days to look of document fix on this. but i couldnot

regarding your last reply,i already fix timezone different. but still have problem on postfix relay.

• Is your sendmail server working properly, Rapid?
    Are the outgoing conncetions working?

Tried any other application for sending mails? 

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking