New Social Network

Hi, I have the domain name www.LikeMyPin.com and I am gathering ideas for developing it into a social networking site that integrates Facebook and Pinterest somehow. I was thinking it could be used to allow users to sign in and share their pins from Pinterest to their friends on Facebook, and have their friends be able to "like" the pins that they chose. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could utilize Elgg to create this site?

Thanks!

Tony

• I don't want to rain on your parade here, but facebook and pinterest are pretty well integrated already, and everything you just described is already done and working without the need for an intermediary website.

• Thanks Matt. But is there an external site that allows Facebook users to see popular Pins and "like" them? 

Also, do you think either Facebook or Pinterest would be interested in buying this domain name? 

Thanks!

• Right now I know you can share pins with friends and they can like them - which is what you described in the initial post.  Sharing popular pins that you didn't pin, I don't know, but I'm not sure if that makes much sense, if you like it enough to share/FB-like it why wouldn't you pin it as well?

Regarding the domain name, I have no idea.  I'm not a marketing guy by any means and I wouldn't want to speculate.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking