I am using Elgg 1.8.5 after upploading avatar , i found i can select cropping area but can not drag cropped area also, i can start selecting new area in image, but still can not drag seleced area to adjust.

Please tell any solution to problem. Thanks

• Any one experiencing same problem ?

• Check the javascript console on your browser and report the error back to here.

• I go this in the console 

14726event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.

Please tell how to solve this error.

• This might be a Chrome specific issue, maybe due to some outdated code in some Chrome extension. Does it work with other browsers? Does it work in Chrome when disabling extensions?

• Thanks Iionly, confirmed problem only with Chrone, 

worked while testing with firefox 

Do i need to add to Trac about the error

• @adoi... This could be a problem with YOUR Chrome browser and it's possible that it works on other Chrome browsers. You should test that. 

• @adoi... I bet you have the AVG monitoring extension enabled in Chrome. Disable it and see if the avatar cropping tool works.

• @adoi: most likely it's a problem caused by one or several chrome extensions you have installed. I googled for possible reasons for the "event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future." error message and came across a site where this error was described, too. It has nothing to do with Elgg directly so it won't help to report the issue to trac. Most likely the reason is some outdated jquery package used in some chrome extension that breaks other things. You can check if there are updates for your chrome extensions available. Or if you can identify the extension causing the problem you can tell the developers of this extension about the issue.

• In my case i think, my skype extension causing this. I had not updated it for a while. 

It also becomes unresponsive occasionally. 

Thanks Burgs and Iionly :)