Ldap_auth-Problem "can not create User"

I am trying to configure elgg for Ldap-Authentication with "ldap_auth" and an Open-Ldap-Server. I succesfully setup with professional Help Ldap-Authentication with this server to Drupal. Moodle, ILIAS, and Mediawiki. When I tried it with elgg, putty reports succesful recognition of our "testuser" but elgg did not login him, because it states, that it is unable to create a new user. I have entered those search atributes: "firstname:givenName, lastname:sn, mail:E-Mail" and enabled "create user" but elgg still refuses to create a new user.

If anyone could help me it would be really great.

best

fahl5

• update: here are the erroralerts I receive trying to log in with ldap-userdata:

If I disabled the create user setting the alert starts with: "Your credentials are valid, but no account was found..."

If I enabled the create user setting the alert starts with: "An account could not get created for you"

Are there perhaps any security-relevant settings the provider might have chosen for my webspace,  that might prevent elgg from creating the Useraccounts?

At least I have checked the properties of the datafolder, which I tested enough to know, that they could not be the reason that prevent creation of useraccount.

I hope anyone might help

best

fahl5

• OK, with the help of the php.log-files I was able to find and solve the problem, which was an entry in the plugincode a technical support has made trying to make LDAP work. Finaly it only works with the original code. ;-)

Now LDAP works fine even with elgg 1.7.10

best

fahl5

• can you let me know the above plugincode entry ,as i am facing the same error