Duplicate Installation Problems

Hello everyone, I'm trying to duplicate an elgg installation but it's not working. I'm following the instructions but apparently my css won't load.

I believe the problem might be here:

"Note that you also need to delete the views cache on the test server after the copy process. This is a directory calledviews_simplecache in your data directory and the file called view_paths (or views for elgg 1.8+)."

This is really not clear to me. Do I have to delete the ENTIRE views_simplecache or just all of its CONTENTS? Also, I cannot find this file "views" (im on elgg 1.8+) inside the data directory.

Please help!

Further info:

Centos 6
SELinux off
777 permissions to all elgg directories (i'll change that later)
Applied restorecon -R to all elgg directories.

• r u @centos? @plesk ? @filemanager|ftp? ssh?
    maybe there's hope ;-O

• Are you sure the data path in the database is correct?

• Bonjour,

@DhrupDeScoop: I'm on CentOS 6.3, via ssh.

@Matt Beckett: Yes, path is correct on the DB. I think the problem might be either de htaccess or, most probably, the views_simplecache issue.

• @lucasbxl - You can delete entire views_simplecache folder. Are you using any hosting control panel software? I have had problems in the past with IspConfig...

• No, I'm using just ssh, there's no hosting control panel installed on this server. I just copied the entire views_simplecache folder from the old install to this new one. I'll let you guys know the results. If this doesn't work, i'll try to delete the entire directory (i've been deleting just its contents).

Anything to point about the second file to delete, according to the instructions mentioned above? (the file called view_paths (or views for elgg 1.8+))

Thanks!

• Lucas:

goto SSH
    type command top
    screen print when you can see the process 'apache' there
    (print quikcly b/c top changes display qiuickly..)
    paste or make available that screen print here. & forget all
    about view.simplecache, views_paths, views_this, views_that..;O
    I do not believe that that's where your problems are...

• Guys, problem solved!

I'm not even sure if those last actions I've taken had a critical influence on the resolution of the matter, but...

a. I deleted everything and started over (all elgg files and etc)
    b. Started the Duplication procedure once again (in my case, for the 10th time...)
    c. Did not delete the views simple cache!
    d. Issed a "restorecon -R" to the data directory and to the elgg directory.
    e. Make sure the path in the DB is really what you want (the DNS has to be working)
    f. Flush your browser's cache, your system's cache, your nameserver's cache.
    g. Triple check the  DNS zones (the domain in the DB has to point correctly to your site)

It worked! I have finally completed sucessfuly the duplication procedure!

Now if you excuse me, I seriously need to get drunk.

• post yr
    [root@localhost elgg_data]# ls -l
    output here now..
    as before upstairs there.. 
    if u want my confirmation/s