Add Button on Personal Calendar

This is probably going to be a stupid questions. 

I am using kevinjardine-Elgg-Event-Calendar-6e3d519.zip downloaded from github renamed to event_calendar for install on elgg 1.8.8. I created a seperate complete default install with just the calendar plugin added to recreate the problem. I am running https though..

1. I found the fix to my date problem ( the start date was auto-changing to the day before) by changing the lines in model.php to gmdate from date

2. My unresolved problem is the "Add" button does not appear anywhere for the personal calendar.

I tried changing some plugin setting to allow users to create events etc..

I assume it should come up in the normal position at the following URL <site_dir>/event_calendar/list/

It also does not (the link version) appear on the dashboard widget.

• Should have added, its a permissions thing.. I see "Add" on Admin account if I make a normal user an Admin it appears.. Its something silly I am not setting..

• You should download the "full" respository, not the "master" respository. The "master" repository has not been updated in months and soon I will just replace it with the "full" repository.

• Deactivated the old and then deleted.. Installed kevinjardine-Elgg-Event-Calendar-b8e2510.zip

Same behaviour, no "Add" button for a general user when on URL <site_dir>/event_calendar/list/

If I manually enter the <site_dir>/event_calendar/add I get the add winoows.. I notice though that the "Calendar" drop down menu has no options.

• Ah, that's by design. By default regular users can only add to group calendars. There is a plugin setting to allow users to add directly to the site calendar. I suggest that you look at the settings carefully - there are quite a few of them!

• So I thought it might be by design. So I played with;

Calendar permissions and set it to "Open"

Figuring this description was what I was trying to solve

Determines whether people can add events to their personal calendars (open), need to request the event creator to do so (closed), have no option at all (private), or allow event creators to determine this for each event (by event). Note if you set this to private you should probably activate the option above to allow event creators and site admins to add their events to other personal calendars.

Still no luck..

Sorry for the user level support questions.. I gave this quite a few hours of settings fiddling and installed two fresh environments to try and resolve this, before going to the forum.

• Apologies.. Didnt get the detail of your reply.. Missed the "Site" calendar part..

I have the add button now.. I assumed Site Calendar was a master calendar for the site..

Does each user not have a personal calendar ? Or is the personal calendar just a aggregation of site and group calendars..

• Yes, each user has a personal calendar, viewable by clciking "Mine" on the calendar listing. Users can add events from the site wide or group calendars to their personal calendars.