Reducing Bandwith

Does anyone out there know what can be done about photos? I don't really use videos on my site, but thats only because I can't seem to find a video player that will actually work and not say 'unrecognised video' with elgg 1.8.8. I am pretty sure my bandwith is getting eaten up quickly because of the images and alot of traffic, and I am using TidyPics Photo Gallery, but is there any chance a plugin out there that will allow images to be hosted elsewhere or something? 8Gigs of bandwith was used today on the cloud server, I believe I have upto 300Gigs for the month total and im not too worried about this month, but what would you recommend to help reduce the bandwith for my site so I don't run into big problems down the road? Is there a tool or plugin that will reduce the image size or convert it automatically after the user has uploaded it? I know I can reduce the allowed size which will help im sure but there has to be an even better way to help reduce bandwith with photos?

Thanks for your help,

Kim

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.