Display only the first message of a Thread and not replies

Hi I'm fairly new to all this,

I've written a plugIn similar to TheWire ( taken TheWire and tweaked it really ), I have a requirement that only the first message of a Thread should be shown on the Activity list, so not listing any replies, If the user wants to see the replies he has to go to the thread and see them.

I'm using elgg 1.8.6  once the work is done I will look at upgrading to the latest version.

I would also like to display the number of replies to the thread in the Thread header Message view.

I hope this makes sense ;-)

I think I want to modify the call to elgg_list_entities to add a where clause so that thread_Id == guId and so only return the first message in a thread.

I understand how to change the view to show the number of replies but not sure how to get the number from the database.

Hope you can help

Adrian

• y not jus upload yr wire-clone to plugin repo, then others can see what 'code' u r tokkng abt ?

• Can't it's owned by a company, they say they will release it when it's done and 'out there' but not before.

• oh well u got a problem you want help (for free;) with debugging code but you cannot show the code (for free;) that has the problem but only ask generic questions where the answers will be just as generic ;) noww i reckon that code errors problem cud be fixed in abt 10 mins if one has the code in front of their eyes - they might create free time to help debug but if u r talking abt a client $project of yrs...!?

• No, I'm not getting paid for it, no code errors as yet. Just looking for clues as how to do it.

It'll be an internal bulletin board but I'm trying to do something cool with it ( started out for fun ).

If ( when ) it all works they'll let me release a non-company specific version , but even tho, it's done in my own time, it's still company property ...