Which gallery-system for Elgg 1.8.8? :)

Hi all :)

I'm looking for a gallery-system for Elgg 1.8.8 :)

The system should have the following features:

• User-disk qouta: To manage user-disk-qouta on a user to user basis.
  • Image size: ie. 450x450 and the ability to set this in a settings window.
  • Automated down-scaling of uploaded images.
  • Image tags and user comments. 

Which gallery-system has ths as a plugin? Tidypics or Diapos? The Diapos release should have been updated in June 2012 but no release has been made? 
Is there a combination of plugins that are free and that will do the trick? :D

Daniel

• Why looking for another plugin, when tidypics which is the official image gallery plugin for elgg exists?

• @TW
    I managed to find Tidypics in a RC1 release and it did the job for me :D

Daniel

• To be fair, the question is not completely unjustified. While the Tidypics plugin should include a disc quota option and also allow for tagging images both these features are not working (either not at all or nor without issues) in the Elgg 1.8 releases of Tidypics until now. Unfortunately, the development of Tidypics seem to have stopped once more, so it's not possible to predict when these issues are fixed.

While Tidypics might work perfectly for some people it might still be completely unuseable for others if they rely on some specific feature(s). This is surely not satisfying.

Unfortunately, these is not really an alternative to Tidypics. Diapos is the only other image plugin I know about and currently much less powerful than Tidypics. Most likely there's also no further development to be expected.

• hype gallery also exists.. also buggy.

• @Daniel I've been testing and using Tidypics and it has been very stable. I recommend it.

Hype Gallery is good, but it is not complete and it causes some conflicts. Diapos is very basic, it does its job.

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.