changes show in theming sandbox but not on site

ok, i have downloaded  a theme, but want to change the color scheme. I found the file I need to make the changes with no problem, and the changes show in the theming sandbox tool, however, even after flushing the caches and upgrading, the changes won't take affect on my testing servers pages. I'm working with the Ultimate Cool theme.

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

• i figured it out, there was some extra css codes that were messing with my design.

• Is the Ultimate Cool theme the theme you made the color scheme changes or do you want to use a second theme in parallel to the Cool theme and you made the changes in this other plugin?

If you want to use a second theme in parallel to the Cool theme, this might explain why it does not work: the Cool theme simply overrides the css settings of the other theme.

If the Cool theme is the only theme and you changed the color scheme there, you might want to try to flush your browser cache. Maybe the Cool theme fiddles with some cache expire settings. If this does not help either, you may simply have missed some color setting to be adjusted.

• i am using ultimate cool theme and changing the color scheme in it. The problem was a simple case of having 3 different codes in the layout.php doing the same thing, i removed the arbitrary code and my color scheme started working. basically it's a case of poor css styling. to get my color scheme to work I had to to remeove unecessary css coding.