Need urgent help, main page went blank in elgg 1.8.5

Hello everyone, Happy New Year 2013 to all, now, i need help as my elgg 1.8.5 site is not opening becuae i made some tiny changes in its core/walled_garden/login.php file to put some link af a Photo album from within the site, when i save it, all went blank, main site URL is blank, i already have made some changes in its walled_garden/login.php file in past and everything was OK, as i know html, php, css etc.I did not expect such crash but it happend , now kindly help me how can i fix it, i am not able to login in it as Admin, but have access to my files on server.

Regards!

Adam

• did you undo the changes in login.php?

• hello Cim, thanks for reply, no i didn't undo changes in it, saved and closed it.

• also have put disabled folder in mod directory, and now its displaying, error on line 55 php syntex error,( i put some css and other codes so it went to around 60 lines in it), checked it but nothing seem wrong in syntex.

• If you edited the core, then what I would try is to grab a copy of the core file you were working on and upload it to replace the damaged file. You should be able to find it in your elgg_1.8.5.zip file

• Hello Steve, thanks for reply, i have tried it, but nothing happened, still have same problem.

• hmm, why don't you put your error log on here so we can debug

• Hello Cim, i was away ! now my site is working normal, i got some fixes from my hosting provider, and it showed main page normal.As in some post, by Steve Aquila and from Elgg, to make an empty file or folder in /mod directory, i made a folder but it only showed php syntax error on pages, nothing else ! and did not fix my problem, when i got fix from my service provider at Arvixe they fixed it, but that empty folder 'disabled' was still making problem, so i deleted it, and everything came to normal, all php errors disappered, and site came to normal working.

• not sure what the problem was but i'm glad you got it fixed. i see that you're in a shared hosting with arvixe, shouldn't you have cPanel? they do give you the options to see your logs

• Yes i do have cPanel, and i have access to all site files on server.So if you could help me where to find that error log?

• ' click on Error Logs in cPanel ' ;-)