Izap videos problem.

Hello, 

I have just installed elgg and the izap video plugin on my localhost wamp. When I go to my profile, video and try to add a vimeo or youtube video, and hit save. It gives and the following error:

"Error Saving Thumb, unable to write file on the server". 

It is on my windows machine, rights should be ok, as I boxed out the read only on my windows on all elgg folders.

Is this a common issue? How can I fix it?

Thanks!

• yes I have exactly that version 420b. I posted the question there also but no response yet. 

• I am sure you will get a response, but not everyone is sitting around here on the weekend updating their plugins to function right with the latest elgg version. I would just be patient and im sure someone will update the plugin, they might even already be aware of the problem(s).

• its not about an update.  you have to register at pluginlotto.com:

Why do we need you to register on pluginlotto.com?

Guys, We are poviding video pulling feature in izap-videos. This is something like, Your server will send a request to our server with video url (youtube, 5min ....). Our API recoganize this request with the registered API which is suppose to send with every such request on our server. And for authorized requests, our server is sending back the requested data. This is something like "http://embed.ly". But they are paid. We have created our own API with some sites support (Youtube, vimeo, 5min etc ( have plans to upgrade this support in future ). So we are providing video pulling free of cost which is actually costing me for my dedicated resources. So it is fair enough to atleast authenticate every request we are serving. Hence need to register API by putting your domain.

i would start by going to www.pluginlotto.com and register like the instructions tell you to.  then you are also going to have issues because of the php interpreter test fail and the ffmpeg fail.  i am sure those will need to be corrected also

there is a lot of info and questions and answers on pluginlotto.com

• He is right, did you get an API key? Could be your problem, but my problem with Izap Videos is with the Izap Bridge, according to my errorlog there is an issue with the bridge and elgg 1.8.12:

[20-Jan-2013 08:02:14] PHP WARNING: 2013-01-20 08:02:14 (EST): "array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given" in file /home/public_html/mod/izap-elgg-bridge/classes/IzapBase.php (line 840)

• as a note, the php interpreter and ffmpeg will only affect videos if you want to save/load them on your server. 

as you see in my izap analysis these are both failed also, but it doesnt affect me using the plugin because i do not support onserver videos.

• and hence again kimberly, the problem with using plugins that require frameworks..........

• Yes i already got the api key, I named it http://localhost/elegg and got a hash code, that i put in my elgg api config. So I do not think that is the problem or is it? 

• @zerocool22 : You will have hard time making it work on localhost.
    It should work okay in a public server.
    PS: I have not used this plugin yet.

• ok got it to work. You need to put the bridge at top of all your plugins, and then only make a API of the part it suggests not http://localhost/elegg but just localhost. Then it works!

• When I go to my video's on my profile, I do not see any thumbnails is there a way to get the thumbnails from youtube and vimeo of each video? So people know what they will start watching? 

Vimeo doesnt work only youtube. No thumbnails on either.

Thanks