Plugin Request: Rating Pictures? Top Rated Photos?

I want to find someone who can make a plugin for Rating Pics and then have a Widget if possible for Top Rated Pics to be able to place on profiles, and if possible a page just for the Top Rated Pics to list owner of the photo, how many votes it received, or any other stats that can be used on this page. Pics uploaded into albums w/ a category selected is how I have this setup, so maybe top pics of each category would be great.

I am running a photo contest but nobody can vote on pics, so I have to determine winner from comments and what people are saying each month, which is not easy to do, lol.

The best rated photos I understand could be a tie, especially if they are all rated 10 stars with nothing less, but this will still help me determine which are among the top rated pictures to have winners, any ideas or help here, anyone want to attempt this?

I wish I could create plugins but im not that technical yet, still getting used to elgg and how it works, there is so much to learn. This project would need to work with my elgg 1.8.12 if anyone has any time to try it. Could be useful for many other elggers.

I have seen the plugin: hypeStarRating for Elgg 1.8 but the hype framework is not working correctly and neither are the plugins, probably not supported or updated lately.

Thanks,

Kim

• @ura`s:

when are you gonna stop this religion philosophy cwapz talk you always, always spout and spit out and regurgitate - regarding software here @ elgg? or maybe.. just quietly go on with your infinitetly 'free' site - but with your books and stuff for sale at $$$ and keep on whining here because other people will not write code for you for free !

• @costakisc - I have downloaded the framework from github, will test it out later to see if hyperating will work with elgg 1.8.12 lateron this evening. Ty.

• Alternative rating plugin for Elgg 1.8: http://community.elgg.org/plugins/813379/1.8.2/elgg-18-elggx-userpoints

The plugin can be customized to allow for rating on almost everything you would like to and some defaults are already defined. Unfortunately, the option for voting on Tidypics images is currently not offered by the default settings. The reason for this is that the latest version of Tidypics (best use the github master version of Tidypics currently) uses a lightbox to display the images and I haven't managed to embed the rating widget in the image view via the Fivestar plugin.Therefore, I'm not sure if the hypeStarRating allows for voting on images in its current version either... Instead you would need to modify the Tidypics plugin code a tiny bit for the rating widget to show. I've posted a HowTo about this on the Tidypics download page (comment with the instructions is on the 7th page).

"Top Rated" images listing might also fit better to be implemented on the Tidypics plugin (or maybe a little separate Tidypics+Fivestar plugin extension plugin which could also include the modified code of Tidypics to display the rating widget in the first place). You would need to add some corresponding menu items that call and display the list of "Top Rated" and/or "Most Rated" images. For calculating the order of these images you would need to evaluate the Fivestar rating of the images. These ratings are saved as annotations to the image entities. Well, surely a very interesting feature. If anyone has time to code it at the moment, please do. ;-) It might take a bit longer for me to find the time to do it...

• i do not 'whine'. i report issues to the coders that created the code; just as i desire people to do with the code that i upload. i upload code that i want to use and i create it / edit it because i want to, not to attract 'money', which means i don't get irate with people that use the code i share or who ask questions or for changes. in short, i do not apply pressure and i do not advocate the application of pressure. 
    you can continue attacks and paying a tax.. as long as you continue to choose to do so.