streamlining of graphics files in elgg?

one glaring issue with elgg and the plugin system is that each plugin can be customised by your own theme plugin via view manipulation, but this does not extend to images and perhaps other types of files.

so if there is a plugin, such as pages, files and tidypics that have their own images in a graphics folder, we need to hack the plugin to change the paths.

a much better solution is to update core so that the active theme plugin's graphics folder is the primary location for graphics files. if a file exists in there with a name that matches one that another plugin needs, then that is the one that would be used. that way the style and theme doesn't get messed up during upgrades.

• There's no.issues w. Elggs intrisic design.
    *everythin u want to do w. Elgg can be done.
    Just b/c no one spells it out here in kiddie language. .
    Does not mean it is difficult or what...
    And if I can sit here in my death-bed in hosp..
    Yet still contribute positively to code design...
    What how much more can you all...
    With 100% of yr health

• With yr 100% achieve more ????
    When they carry my pc into here in my hosp room
    Then I will show.you waht I can do from here..
    While y'all still cry and whine but I lie here with tubes..
    Yet still code 'what cannot be done...
    Damn!!! Code is.so.easy!!
    Any arguments ???
    Come rest yr brains in ward C Rm 19A
    Then we talk......

• you need your body more than a computer.
    as do we all.

• Actually there's some work on it being done for Elgg 1.9

See #5174, #5091, #4476, #5105, #4460, #5186

• Tunist, Nick, U R An Ass

You reply demonstrates a lack of ettiquette,
    No sensitivity, no manners, no empathy, no sympathy,
    A strange psychzoid tendency...

How on earth could you post such
    Insensitive callous words in public?
    Does it make you feel smarter?
    By trying to hurt me ?

• ettiquete and manners results in denial of truth.
    sensitivity requires 100% unconditional attendance to that which feels, the body.
    sympathy requires lowering my vibration to match the vibration of that which is in need of transformation and healing and as such is counter productive.
    empathy is a requirement, yes. in empathising with the body you are overpowering by struggling to fight a battle on the internet with someone you know almost nothing about, i attune to the knowledge that you need to focus your energy in your body to heal your body.. not outwordly into the internet.
    you can project onto that and onto me as much as you are willing to project. it won't change the reality that your body needs you and you are denying your body while projecting your mind at me.

i wish you unconditional love and the grace of the divine being that you are in truth.

• ura, you need to stop smoking whatever it is you do

• i am the one best placed to know what i need to do.