Overload images of _graphics folder?

Hi there,

I'm working on my own design for elgg which I based on the default design. Everything goes well with overloading the files in /views/default/css/elements. But additionaly to the css-files I also want to replace the files that are in the _graphics folder.

As I have understood that overloading-concept the best way to do that is just creating an "_graphics" folder in my theme folder and just insert files with the same name of the files that I want to replace.

Sadly that doesn't work. So what do I have to do?

• These files are not views, so they cannot be overridden that way.

There are a number of places depending on which files you want to overwrite - sometimes it's in a plugin hook that returns a default url for an image, sometimes it's in a view where you can override the url.  I there was some discussion about making them all part of the views system but that would further tax the server.

• Create a _graphics folder within your own theme where you place your replacement images and change the path to the corresponding images within the CSS files you are already overriding.

• Yea, I'd prefer we move these into the views system. We have plans to support skipping PHP entirely for simplecache files if sites really need that extra performance boost.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking