Tidypics & Website visitors

Site visitor (not logged in) going into Tidypics viewing an image (public) within an album (public) clicking on the name of the owner (link) results in error HTTP 500. This works ok when clicking the owner of an album.

Regards,
Eric

• Have you removed the old Tidypics folder before copying the files of Tidypics 1.8.1beta10 on the server? If not, this might explain why there are issues as there most likely are outdated files remaining that cause trouble.

The subfolders in the data directory get created when there's something uploaded for the first time (avatar, file or something else) by this user. The path within the data directory is year/month/day/GUID with the date being the date of joining the site not the date of the first upload.

So, is the upload working for regular users now, too? The access permissions of the folders need to be set allowing the webserver to read/write and not necessarily require that your normal OS user account can read/write (best would be that both can read/write of course). If the permissions are set very strict (nothing for "group" and "others") you would also need to make sure that the data directory is "owned" by the account the webserver is running as.

• Hi iionly, I disabled and removed the complete folder then a clear cache and upload of the new tidypics and a browser refresh before enabling the new tidypics again. Tidypics is working fine now, it is related to my filesystem.

Thanks for explaning the date construction, I understand.

After taking ownership of that specific date folder within the data folder which has my account for an owner I adjusted the rights to 0755 and all worked. Your explanation makes sense, I was having a new folder created with 0700 and apache ownership making it impossible to upload. Probably just taking ownership of the 0700 folder would also make it work. Now I also understand why admin was able to upload all the time because I had already taken ownership and set the folder rights to 0755. So what happens is, I have a data folder I 'own' with rights 0755 but after the registration of a new user new folders are being created with apache ownership and 0700 rights. I think I saw in code the 0700 being used for folder creation so that works ok but apache takes ownership instead the account creating this folder.... maybe that is happening because I am outside my public_html folder or because the data folder rights are set to 0755 instead of 0777 ? I feel I am getting closer but still not there yet :)

• Well, I officially am out of ideas but the good news is that after doing more testing now it seems that when creating new users, uploading files/photos all is working as it should. I have been checking ownership after new user creation and after every file / photo upload..... besides there seems to be a access-rights difference between files plugin (0700) and photos plugin (0755) I haven't seen apache taking ownership and the newly created users seem to be able to do it all now.... meaning I have absolutely no clue at this moment why I had folders with apache ownership. I did change the "data" folder rights from 0755 to 0700 but I cannot imagine that this could be a cause for the apache ownership. For now I would like to thank you for listening and trying to help. I will enable the plugins again and keep a close eye on ownership and rights for sure! :)

Thanks guys!

• Hi Lee, you sure did!

I have tested the new verison and all seems to work flawlessly now. If I stumble upon an issue I will share it here or as a comment by the plugin. Thank you for the quick fix Lee.

• Hi Lee, you sure did!

I have tested the new verison and all seems to work flawlessly now. If I stumble upon an issue I will share it here or as a comment by the plugin. Thank you for the quick fix Lee.