Adding New Pages In Externalpages Elgg 1.8

I followed Shouvik Mukherjee's (thanks for your tutorial by the way) steps in Elgg 1.8.0, but ran into an issue.  Externalpages in Elgg 1.8.0 doesn't have:\mod\externalpages\views\default\expages\footer_menu.php\  the footer_menu.php was actually incorperated into externalpages start.php for 1.8so if you are running 1.8 and are getting irritated that your pages aren't showing up or aren't working,  here is the modification with respect and steps by Shouvik Mukherjee  :

1) Open this directory – \mod\externalpages\languages\en.php\ and seek the following line-
‘expages:privacy’ => “Privacy”,
Add the following code after this line-
‘expages:yourpagename’ => “yourpagename”,

2) Open this directory – \mod\externalpages\start.php and seek the following line-
function expages_setup_footer_menu() {
    $pages = array('about', 'terms', 'privacy'); which starts on line 30
    $pages = array('about', 'terms', 'privacy', 'yourpagename');

3) Open this directory – \mod\externalpages\views\default\expages\menu.php\ and seek the following line-
<li <?php if($type == ‘privacy’) echo “class = ‘selected’”; ?>><a href=”<?php echo $url; ?>privacy”><?php echo elgg_echo(‘expages:privacy’); ?></a></li>
<li <?php if($type == ‘yourpagename’) echo “class = ‘selected’”; ?>><a href=”<?php echo $url; ?>yourpagename”><?php echo elgg_echo(‘expages:yourpagename’); ?></a></li>

4) Open this directory – \mod\externalpages\views\default\expages\forms\edit.php\ and seek the following line-
else if($type == ‘privacy’) {
$external_page_title = elgg_echo(‘expages:privacy’);
}
else if($type == ‘yourpagename’) {
$external_page_title = elgg_echo(‘expages:yourpagename’);
}

5) Save all files and upload the modified plugin.

6) Then, run the upgrade.php script by hitting http://SITEURL/upgrade.php in address-bar.

• Sorry!! I had to rewrite the steps!  I didn't delete step 4 which isn't needed.  Here is the proper steps:

1) Open this directory – \mod\externalpages\languages\en.php\ and seek the following line-
    ‘expages:privacy’ => “Privacy”,
    ‘expages:yourpagename’ => “yourpagename”,

2) Open this directory – \mod\externalpages\start.php:

·         Copy:  elgg_register_page_handler('privacy', 'expages_page_handler'); hit enter and paste right below it and chang “privacy” to your page name

·         Scroll down to line 32 and edit:
        $pages = array('about', 'terms', 'privacy');

to look like:
        $pages = array('about', 'terms', 'privacy', 'yourpagename');

3) Open this directory – \mod\externalpages\views\default\expages\menu.php\ and seek the following line-
    <li <?php if($type == ‘privacy’) echo “class = ‘selected’”; ?>><a href=”<?php echo $url; ?>privacy”><?php echo elgg_echo(‘expages:privacy’); ?></a></li>
    <li <?php if($type == ‘yourpagename’) echo “class = ‘selected’”; ?>><a href=”<?php echo $url; ?>yourpagename”><?php echo elgg_echo(‘expages:yourpagename’); ?></a></li>

4) Save all files and upload the modified plugin.

5) Then, run the upgrade.php script by hitting http://SITEURL/upgrade.php in address-bar.

• Hi,

I am trying to add a external page for terms and conditions and couln't find the code that you have mentioned in point "3".

I can only find the code that is mentioned below

<?php
    /**
    * External pages menu
    * @uses $vars['type']
    */

$type = $vars['type'];

//set the url
    $url = $vars['url'] . "admin/site/expages?type=";

$pages = array('about', 'terms', 'privacy');
    $tabs = array();
    foreach ($pages as $page) {
    $tabs[] = array(
    'title' => elgg_echo("expages:$page"),
    'url' => "admin/appearance/expages?type=$page",
    'selected' => $page == $type,
    );
    }

echo elgg_view('navigation/tabs', array('tabs' => $tabs, 'class' => 'elgg-form-settings'));

Please guide me  on how to add an external page for my site