Help ASAP( site not loading)

Hello,

Last night my site was working fine, this morning its not loading in browser. The page goes blank. I tried to put a disabled file in the mod and got in to the admin panel , removed the latest plugins( it was working fine with these plugins) but again after removing the disabled file it doesnt load. Please help its kinda urgent.

Thanks

Amar

• Are there any entries in the error logs of your server that might give some hints regarding what is causing the problem? If yes, you could disable the plugin that's causing the problem. If not, you would have to disable all plugins for a start and then enable them again one by one until you find the plugin causing the issue. Depending on what plugin is responsible it might become obvious what is causing the issue - if you don't understand the problem on your own you could provide more info here to ask for more specific advice.

• okay so here is what happened, i got it working for sometime, the page plugin was at the bottom , so i put it on the top( did this by enabling all the plugins one by one), but after few mins its not loading again.

• @iionly: with server error log files you meant error_log.txt? or any other file i am missing here?

• @iionly i think maybe the cache casue the page appear for sometime? and then later cache becomes updated?

@Amar edit .htacces file find php_value display_errors 0 change to php_value display_errors 1 and save file again now reload page, if something appear on screen past that piece of information here.

• again i got it working, but after few mins of activity its throwing me this error

Fatal Error.

Could not load the elgg:shoutout library from /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/mod/shoutout/models/model.php

InvalidParameterException Object
    (
    [message:protected] => Could not load the elgg:shoutout library from /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/mod/shoutout/models/model.php
    [string:Exception:private] => exception 'InvalidParameterException' with message 'Could not load the elgg:shoutout library from /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/mod/shoutout/models/model.php' in /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/engine/lib/elgglib.php:121
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/mod/shoutout-master/start.php(88): elgg_load_library('elgg:shoutout')
    #1 [internal function]: shoutout_page_handler(Array, 'activity')
    #2 /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/engine/lib/pagehandler.php(53): call_user_func('shoutout_page_h...', Array, 'activity')
    #3 /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/engine/handlers/page_handler.php(46): page_handler('activity', NULL)
    #4 {main}
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/engine/lib/elgglib.php
    [line:protected] => 121
    [trace:Exception:private] => Array
    (
    [0] => Array
    (
    [file] => /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/mod/shoutout-master/start.php
    [line] => 88
    [function] => elgg_load_library
    [args] => Array
    (
    [0] => elgg:shoutout
    )

)

[1] => Array
    (
    [function] => shoutout_page_handler
    [args] => Array
    (
    [0] => Array
    (
    )

[1] => activity
    )

)

[2] => Array
    (
    [file] => /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/engine/lib/pagehandler.php
    [line] => 53
    [function] => call_user_func
    [args] => Array
    (
    [0] => shoutout_page_handler
    [1] => Array
    (
    )

[2] => activity
    )

)

[3] => Array
    (
    [file] => /home/content/23/11708523/html/test/engine/handlers/page_handler.php
    [line] => 46
    [function] => page_handler
    [args] => Array
    (
    [0] => activity
    [1] =>
    )

)

)

[previous:Exception:private] =>
    )

• The error message points to a problem with the shoutout plugin.

Additionally, I see that the problem is caused by a wrong name of the shoutout plugin folder: it should not be "shoutout-master" but only "shoutout". So, rename the folder of the plugin to "shoutout".

The "-master" is added to the folder name because you either downloaded the plugin from github yourself (the github site adds the -master - more precisely the branch name -  to all zip files downloaded) or the developer published a zip file he downloaded from github himself.