How to Connect users to Content in Elgg

What are the best plugins for connecting my users to the content that they are interested in? I have a investor on my elgg project and we have thought of having professional bloggers and journalists to produce quality content. Now since we all have different interests, I am wondering if there is a way to channel my users to the content they find interesting on the website. It may just be suggested content plugin or something of that kind.

• "Channeling content", "Thematic content"... the only thing that comes to my mind here are groups. For each theme a group means people can join the groups they are interested in. Depending on the access level chosen for the group content the site members might still be able to see the content of other groups. But the group notifications will allow for getting to know when there's something new (like a new blog in the group) in the groups they are a member of. Other content types can be channeled in the groups, too.

If all content of the site is to be within groups, it might be necessary to rework the site appearance (site menu items, index page) to some extend to channel the visitors better (= make them easier notice groups they might be interested in, make it less attractive / permit content posting outside groups). I don't think there's any existing plugin or theme that would do this yet though.

• a simple solution would be to create a plugin that searches for content based on the interests that are stored against a profile (tag search). the returned items can then be presented wherever is preferred.. perhaps in a sidebar module or somewhere else. 'suggested' tabs could be created based on that type of approach too.
    there are a couple of plugins that present part of that solution - though they don't use the 'interests' field of profiles as far as i recall.
    i'm not sure of the name, but one of them was written by paisley / paysley

• You can try the follow tags plugin and add user interests to the standard values.

• Thanks for your suggestions good people. You have made my life very easier. I appreciate this. I will try out these solutions. I simply needed dynamic content recommendations to say the least. @ Gerard I have downloaded follow tags @iionly I have used groups as well. @ura soul thanks i will search for it