How can I change the background of sidebar and content area?

According to my theme, i want to add one outer div just inside the layout_canvas class..

Without login, its working correctly.. layout is perfect..

But after logged in as administrator , again its perfect.. But when logged in as another user, the leftsidebar box still remains same.. my layout will change like below

<!-- new class of mine -->

<!-- inner_body will close here -->

<div id="two_column_left_sidebar_maincontent>  <!-- this will starts after closing innerbody -->

Please help me to rectify this issue..

• Better approach might be to tell what you are trying to achieve by adding a new <div> element. Maybe you don't have to add it at all, if there is a better way to achieve the same result.

• please find the url http://spondeesint.com/imamalzuhri/pg/rules/all&nbsp;

and login with 151515/151515

if not logged in , layout is correct..After loggedin , its broken..

My requirement is to add aa outer div for both sidebar and content area.. for setting some background..

Please help me..

• Ok, so the goal is to add a background to those elements. Could you provide a picture of both the original and the desired appearance?

(By the way, I changed the topic title to be more descriptive)

• I will explain onece more..

I just want to add one div nest to "<div id="layout_canvas">" in the view "views/default/pageshells/pageshell.php".

For this I override this view  in my theme.

This is working perfectly for non-loggedin users. after this <div id="layout_canvas">, my newly added class will come and the content will display within this div.

the design look like thisbelow:

<div id="layout_canvas">

<div class="inner_body"> <!-- my new div added in pageshell.php of my theme -->

<div id="two_column_left_sidebar"></div>

<div id="two_column_left_sidebar_maincontent"></div>

<div class="clearfloat"></div>
    </div> <!-- close inner body -->

</div><!-- /#close layout_canvas -->

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But When i logged in to the site, inside this <div id="layout_canvas">,my newly added class will come..like this below

<div id="layout_canvas">

<div class="inner_body">
    </div> <!-- inner body closed here -->

</div> <!-- layout canvas closed -->

THis is my problem..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I want the code like below:

<div id="layout_canvas">

<div class="inner_body">

</div> <!-- inner body closed here -->

</div> <!-- layout canvas closed -->

How can I achieve this???
  • The reason is because your "two_column_left_sidebar_maincontent" is not wrapped within the "#layout_canvas .inner_body" when logged in. Seems like you are closing the "inner_body" earlier if the user is logged in. 

Check for some logged_in() logic within the code.

• Thankyou Webgalli and Juho for your support..

My problem solved. its because of some misplacing of closing tags in the new view i have created in my theme..

Thankyou very much